MRAN MEETING MINUTES March 6, 2018
MRAN MEETING MINUTES March 6, 2018
Meeting brought to order by: Roy Ulrich @ 6:30pm
Roll with voting members
Bushwackers – 2
- Gene Curry Alt. 1 – Justin Wray Alt.2 Kevin Wilson
Camp Valley Cowboys – 0
- Alt. 1 – Alt. 2 –
Coyotees – 0
- Alt. 1. – Alt. 2 –
Darkside – 2
- Scott Wiesheim Blake Monk Alt. 1 – Brandon Hunt Alt. 2 – Denny Falls
Gamblers – 2
- Joe Amey Steve Paxton Alt. 1 – Kat Ashley Alt. 2 – Greg Ashley
Groundshakers – 2
- Dave Martin Rob Holtfreter Alt. 1 – James Wilson Alt. 2 – Ashley Ross
Jackrabbits – 1
- Steve Jones David Balvage Alt. 1 – Peter Skreta Alt. 2 – Ryan O’Mara
SNDR – 2
- Dave Heath Garon Burwell Alt. 1 – Chuck Harvey Alt. 2 – Jeff Huff
SSTB – 2
- “Coach” Collins Sean McDaniel Alt. 1 – Tori Collins Alt. 2 – Zack Livreri
Wild Bunch – 1
- Dustin Vasquez Rhett Ogden Alt. 1 – Shelley Webb Alt. 2 – Dan Webb
Yucca Chuckers – 1
- Jeff Beck Candice Benson Alt. 1 – Todd Parker Alt. 2 – JR Zanoth
February 2018 meeting minutes approved by: Coach Collins
2nd by: Ashley Ross
President: Roy Ulrich –
Yucca Chuckers – Race went good. Good job.
Call from Dustin/Wild Bunch about their Grand Prix. Working on a need location/date.
Yucca Chuckers Grand Prix will NOT be in Alamo. Now in Caliente, same date. More details to come.
BLM meeting Santa Fe March 13th in the Centennial Ball Room 5:00pm – 8:30pm
*VERY IMPORTANT for us all to attend.
Vice President: Joe Amey –
Jean Dry Lake adoption meeting this Friday.
Treasurer: Coach Collins-
Went over monies.
Every few years we get our books checked by a tax person. This was the year. We look all good.
Treasurer Report approved by: Sean McDaniel
2nd by: Ashley Ross
Desert Referee: Pierce Holtfreter –
Sold 41 cards at the Darkside race
Sold 16 cards at the Yucca Chuckers Race
Grand Prix Referee: Ashley Ross –
Getting ready for the first GP on the 17th. Will need help selling MRAN cards. So if anyone would like to help, please let Ashley know.
Web Site – Justin Wray
MRAN Racing domain needs to be renewed.
Site crashed and had to be restarted
Public Relations – Ashley Ross –
Bike Raffle – Sold some tickets on line – turned in money to Coach
Instagram as taken a big rise.
Need to make a cage/frame for the Finish Line Banner
Legislative Officer: Bob Adams –
- ADOPT AN AREA (JEAN): A cleanup area map (fig. 1) was drawn and presented to the Competition Committeelast September. Our value per volunteer hour is based on determination by Nevada Commission on OHVs ($23/HR). Not having better data for cost of OHV operation, the in-kind value of operation of all vehicles is USGSA’s determination for automobiles and light trucks.
What’s missing is some structure to collect signatures of volunteers on the BLM form, and a schedule and duty rosterto ensure we fulfill our commitment and have record of monitoring/trash pickup.
Our primary commitment to this project is volunteer labor. Our having an empty duty roster, I recommend againstour making a commitment to adopt an area. All is in place except our commitment to do it.
- GREAT BASIN (SAGEBRUSH STEPPE) ECOSYSTEM STRATEGY: Focused on hazardous fuels reduction and range restoration comment period closed September 22.https://go.usa.gov/xnQcG
- BLM SNDO 2018 RMP revision public comment period extended to March 23. The issues and contact infohave been addressed in previous reports. Comment or your opinion won’t be heard. This RMP revision is important. It will hurt us if implemented as written. We can make a difference if enough of us work together to make our voices heard. Use comments submitted by MRAN as a template for your comments. MRAN’s comments were provided to all by email and posted on Facebook, and I asked they be posted on racemran.com as January Land Use Report. BLM’s RMP revision site is:https://go.usa.gov/xnBqm
- USAF TTR EXPANSION: The Air Forces wants to expand its test range boundaries.
Alt. 1, is no change, labeled the “status quo” alternative.
Alt. 2, no expansion of current boundary, but USAF have ready access to north and south range. Aircraft and munitions noise being prime considerations.
Alt. 3A, withdrawal of 18k acres north & south of Beatty that won’t affect us but could affect point to point races.
Alt. 3A-1 withdrawal of 15k acres northof Beatty modified to avoid race course conflicts.
Alt. 3B, 57k acres of buffer to public access that doesn’t affect us.
Alt. 3C, withdraw 57k acres west side of the range south of Alamo. Far enough south not to affect us. Lincoln Co. clubs please check for possible conflicts.
My proposed MRAN position statement is endorsement of Alt. 2 simply on principle.Fallon NAS is asking for 604,789 acres of public land to expand its bombing range at the same time USAF is asking for another plus 300,000 acres. Time to draw a line in the sand. Just a few years back USMC sought taking all of Johnson Valley to expand its training area. USMC 29 Palms is surrounded by Wilderness on 3 sides, but those areas were never on the table. A compromise was reached where USMC took some of Johnson Valley and shares the rest with OHVers. OHVers got to keep something, but it’s short of what we had. We get the short end of the stick because our claim to public land is secondary to everything else. Only our stepping up can change that.
Alternate 2 provides USAF continued use of current withdrawal area plus ready access to additional areas without expanding test range boundaries. We can share use of the proposed buffer zones. BRC/Sharetrails Don Amador recommends Alt. 3A-1. SNORE has endorsed that position. It’s a safe bet. It’s likely our only bet if we won’t put up at least half the fight other groups are to protect their stake. Maybe it’s where we should start.
Public comment period ends March 8.
NTTR Military Land Withdrawal Legislative EIS Website – Draft LEIS Documents:http://www.nttrleis.com/documents.aspx
NTTR Executive Summary:http://www.nttrleis.com/documents/review/ExecSumm_NTTR_DLEIS_Dec2017.pdf
Scoring – Report by Tori & Coach Collins
173 entries at the Darkside Desert Race with 54 pre online sign ups.
131 entries at the Yucca Chuckers Desert Race with 69 pre online sign ups.
Coach Collins made a motion to not charge a second class on the MRAN cards but each class must be printed on each members own MRAN card.
2nd by: Ashley Ross
February 10th Darkside Desert Post Race Report – Scott Weisheim
173 entries, All went well, Thank you for coming out. Scott asked others for some kind of in club assignment structure. Ideas?
February 24th Yucca Chuckers Desert Race Post Race Report – Jeff Beck
131 entries, All good, Thank you for coming out, big thank you to all the others that helped with this event.
March 17th Groundshakers Grand Prix Pre Race Report – Dave Martin
Flyer is out, $10.00 camping fee that’s not listed on flyer, Rosie’s Den Restaurant that’s on the Freeway will give 10% off race entries bills if wearing wrist band, PLEASE pre sign up online – expecting lots of racers and it will help signing up on line. If you sign up online you will receive a $10.00 Rocky Mountain Gift Card.
There will be a 2 rider Team race at the end of the day. Rule flyer will be posted Wednesday.
March 31st Yucca Chuckers Grand Prix Pre Race Report – Jeff Beck
Flyer coming soon, Will NOT be in Alamo. Will be held in Caliente.
Bike raffle – Dave Martin – 35 tickets have been sold in person and 37 online tickets have been sold. Picking up the business cards to hand out that has the online link on them. Dave asking permission and contacts about getting a booth at SuperX and EnduroX events to sell tickets. Dave has an up and coming model to volunteer at SuperX to help get people to the booth to buy tickets.
Yearly Dues – clubs if you haven’t paid your dues, you NEED to ASAP.
Jean Dry Lake Adoption discussion – we discussed the areas, and times. We will know more after the meeting Friday.
Website – Restructure? Ideas? We need everyone’s feedback.
Wild Bunch Grand Prix – Dustin – Trying to find a new location and date. Should know in the next week or so.
Motion to Adjourn the January 2018 MRAN Meeting by: Dave Martin
2nd by: Jeff Beck @8:11pm
March MRAN Meeting April 2nd 2018, Sierra Gold 6:30pm Jones & Sunset location.