December Land Use Report
- Senator Pete Goicoechea: I attended a small group meeting with Nevada State Senator Pete Goicoechea as a member of Valley Electric’s Legislative Committee. Much of the discussion was how to effectively communicate with elected officials. Never assume they know what you want. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Write (letter or email), and follow up with a phone call. Follow up calls make a big difference.
- NOHVCC meetings: NOHVCC meetings: It was just me from MRAN at the Pahrump meeting Friday. Jimmy Lewis and one of his instructors attended. It was a small group, so just three of us influenced the group comments to reflect a two wheeled point of view. More race areas, more open areas, and more single track made the big board. Only three motorcyclists at the Las Vegas meeting. One trail rider, Sean McDaniel, and me. But it was a bigger group dominated by 4 wheeled trail riders. The group comments on the board reflected their viewpoints. See MRAN’s comment in Details below.
- Spark Arrestors: Don & Nick recommend a kit. DPS Technical, Inc. E-Mail: Chris.Real@DPSTechnical.com 8327 La Senda Rd. Office: (909) 981-5228 Alta Loma, CA 91701 USA Web: www.dpstechnical.com $15 ea. 4 for $50.
- Adopt an Area: On hold while everyone working something else. NOHVCC’s project manager helping us with the Adopt an Area was tied up running the Nevada NOHVCC meetings. Just as well. We’re tied up on rule changes, results, 2018 schedule, officer elections, and the banquet. If we agree on the map presented in October and we fill the duty rooster, we can look at entering into a contract in February.
It’s your call. I set up a rooster in 2 month segments. Clubs, race teams, etc., can fill slots. Please contact me to fill slots for March & April, May & June, July & August, September & October, November & December.
- MRAN nomination of Don Amador to DOI Made in America Recreation Advisory Committee. https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/secretary-zinke-announces-made-america-recreation-advisory-committee See letter in Details below.
- Sage Grouse. Ask BLM to amend Greater Sage Grouse Land Use Plans: The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is considering preparing Resource Management Plan (RMP) amendment(s) for all or some BLM land use plans that were amended or revised in 2015 regarding Greater Sage-Grouse conservation. https://sharetrails.org/alert/national-ask-blm-to-amend-greater-sage-grouse-land-use-plans/
7. Go Act: page 12 of December AMERICAN Motorcyclist, & https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/289